Sunday, November 11, 2012

Hoping for a Break!

Nothing... but nothing new to report!  We are ever closer to finishing up all the chores that are such a huge part of a merger, and my working life has taken on a life of its own!

When I went to work today, I had already logged over 60 hours for this work week, which started Monday.    By the end of the workday tomorrow, I'll have at least 80.  The pay will be most welcome - property taxes are coming up, on both houses - and our savings won't have to take a big hit.

BUT - I don't even have time to tat at lunchtime these days, so I have nothing to show you.  I haven't even had time to finish the lovely maple leaf I started back in October!  I will get it done, though - I haven't misplaced either of the shuttles or the book (or the leaf in progress!), so there is hope.

Things should start slowing back down this week, and I should have some tatting time again, as well as weekends off from work.  Next Saturday is the Palmetto Tatters Guild meeting in Lexington (SC), and I should have some pictures to show next Sunday.  Stay tuned...

10 comments:

  1. I do hope you get a break soon! I'm ready to go back to bed just from reading about how much work you're doing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm told we're now on the downhill side...after about Thursday or Friday this week, things should be settling back into a routine. I hope so - I'm pooped!

      Delete
  2. Just keep saying to yourself "I'm paying the extra bills. I'm paying the extra bills."

    Thanksgiving is coming. You WILL get a break. Just make sure your daughter defrosts the turkey the day before....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, David talked with her earlier today about Thanksgiving, and it's been agreed that we'll either go out for Thanksgiving dinner or pick it up and bring it home.

      Someday (like maybe next year) when everything has settled down, I'll have the time to cook and serve our Thanksgiving dinner. Until then, though - I'm willing to do takeout!

      Delete
  3. I hope you don't over do it, take care and I hope you get some tatting done this week.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe tomorrow, Margaret, or the day after - I don't see much hope for any tatting today!

      I just ordered some new shuttles (and threads) from Handy Hands, though - by the time they arrive, I'm sure I'll have some time to enjoy them!

      Delete
  4. Wow! What work do you do? It's crazy that you have so little time, I hope that you get a break soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I work for a bank that merged with another. Each bank uses different processing software, and the conversion is to get everybody on the same page. We're getting there, it's just taking a lot of man(and woman) -power!

      Delete
  5. I hope the old bosses and the new ones appreciate how dedicated you are! I have rarely put in those types of hours and it can sap every bit of energy you have! Good news that it is going to lighten up soon. Best wishes for a wonderful and restful holiday, Sharren!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am fortunate to work with a very dedicated group of people who are all pulling the long hours I am - some are working even longer hours, and getting even less sleep. We're all still upbeat and positive, though!

    ReplyDelete