Sunday, May 20, 2012

Back to the Shuttle!

Today is six weeks since I fell and broke my arm, and the good news is -- it's so much better today than then!  I am typing with both hands, but don't know for how long - once my arm is tired, I just have to stop what I'm doing and rest it. 

I started tatting this past week and while I'm moving slower, the knots look even, so I'm satisfied.  The Palmetto Guild meeting was yesterday, and I got to go down to Lexington for it!  We were having a work session to finish up old unfinished projects from previous Tat Days; I didn't have any, so I worked on stuff for this year!

Oh, and just so there's no misunderstanding - I had no unfinished projects not because I always finish up my class projects that weekend; it's that I cut those shuttles loose long ago!  The shuttles were emptied making giveaways for the SC State Fair in October. 

The nails on my left hand have grown to a ridiculous length (ridiculous for me, anyway) as it hurt to move my wrist when trying to trim them.  That's a project I'll be working on shortly since my arm is doing so much better.  In fact, strike while the iron is hot - I'm making typos so maybe it's time to go work on them instead of the blog!

I'll leave you a couple of pictures of what I worked on yesterday:



PS - I noticed that, according to Blogger, this is my 100th post!  Can that be right?!
PPS - Does anybody like the "new" Blogger that was previewed last month?  If they change to that, I think I'll be shopping around for a new blog home!

7 comments:

  1. Glad your elbow is better - now you can write with both hands (maybe at the same time!).

    Love the buzzy necklace.

    And I HATEHATEHATEHATE the new Blogger interface. Not user friendly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy to read that you're recovered enough to tat and type!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am happy to learn that you are doing better Sis.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad you are feeling better, and that you can tat. keyboarding is far down the list.
    your tatting from yesterday looks very good, the second one is very pretty. I know it is the same pattern as the first, but I like the colors and the add-ons.

    as for blogger, I rather like the info pages where you can see how many, and who has come to take a look at your page. and it isn't all that bad, just takes a bit of getting used to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The last six weeks must have been so frustrating for you, hopefully you will be back to full health and your arm will not be so tired when I see you in September. Well I guess it has to be!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's been tough, keeping my arm still - I would reach for something heavy with my left arm, then remember that I mustn't. I must have done all right with it, though - the doctor was pleased with the healing!

    ReplyDelete