Monday, January 2, 2012

I Make Plans - Other People Change Them For Me!

And so it goes...the story of my life.  No new bracelet to show you, in fact, nothing at all (tatting-wise, that is)!  I fooled around with shuttles and thread for a couple of hours, with nothing to show for it but a couple of abortive attempts at a pattern I've been working on for this year's Tat Days.  I've kind of-sort of got the pattern written up, but it needs tweaking before I'd think about submitting it to teach.  Yes - it's an angel!

We did get out of the house for a bit - David gets cabin fever, while I'm content to sit indoors with my threads, shuttles, and needles.  I'm looking forward to springtime - windows open, warm, tatting in the porch swing.  Bring it on!!
Not exactly Fay Wray, is it?

Later today... We've only been past this Christmas display a couple of dozen times since it was set up by a local towing service, but never had the camera with us.  Today, after taking advantage of the 80% off (of whatever was leftover from Christmas, which wasn't much) at Hobby Lobby, we stopped back by home and picked up the camera and took a couple of pictures.  Yes, that's King Kong - usually he glowers at whoever pulls into the parking lot from his perch on the building's roof, but for Christmas they set him out near the highway on this lovely tractor.  Before Christmas, he was holding a candy cane - a BIG candy cane - but evidently the Grinch got it, and now he's got the Grinch!

I'm almost afraid to ask what they're going to display for Valentine's Day!
Is it just me, or is this a mixed message?

1 comment:

  1. Winter hasn't really arrived here yet, but I'm also ready for spring!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete