Monday, September 26, 2011

More Stuff from Tat Days!

A couple of stats before the pictures:

  • I counted three countries represented - The Netherlands, Mexico, and the US. 
  • Of the 70 listed attendees (in the souvenir program book), I counted 14 states represented: Alabama, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Kansas, Kentucky, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.
I'd love to have every state represented next year - it will be the 10th Annual Palmetto Tat Days!  I've already started working on patterns to submit with my teaching application for 2012!

Treasures from Tat Days:
Beads from my dear friend, Kathy
Hodge, plus "shuttle warmers"
from the banquet Friday night
Here's a Sew-Mate shuttle getting
cozy in the shuttle warmer!
Thread from Kathy.  Aren't the colors scrumptious!

Commemorative shuttles by The Shuttle Shop

The picture does NOT do justice to these lovely
threads!  The sun was playing hide-and-seek
when I took it, so the colors aren't as vibrant
as they truly are.

Commemorative shuttle by Georgia & Richard Seitz.
It's actually a deep, lustrous blue - like the sky at
midnight on a clear night.  Can't wait to use it!

Decorated shuttles by Hope Bates - aren't they pretty!
Same shuttles, they just "did the flip" to show off their
other sides.  I know I'll enjoy using them!

I won this wooden tote in the Silent Auction.  It was loaded
with lovely and useful items - such as several balls of
thread, glass "gems," and metal bangle bracelets!

 And these are just some of the goodies I brought home!  We had such a wonderful time - it's like a big family reunion (only everyone is speaking to everyone else).  More later...

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Not only a great haul but great memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you point out the family reunion feel of this wondrous event, especially the part about everyone being on speaking terms with each other. LOL!

    My tatting corner feels somehow empty today, but I can't stop smiling over the memories made at Palmetto Tat Days 2011. You're a big part of them. Hugs & Tats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I felt like I was at a family reunion as well and it was my first year.....so many "kindred spirits."
    Loved your classes....thanks so much for your patience with a needle tatter.
    BTW, I told you I would let you know where I got the lovely HDT that I was using in your angel class....it was Magnolia by LadyShuttleMaker.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a JOY that you live where you have tatters to get together with! I feel blessed, though, when people SHARE all the fun and goodies and FRIENDSHIP of such an exciting experience! I've just gone through your blog, start to finish, no, not reading every word, but really enjoyed "getting to know you" - I can imagine why Isdihara said that you are a big part of the gathering - delightful and very creative is how I imagine you :-) ~Tatikan/Sher in SW Kansas [sherrya@inbox.com]

    ReplyDelete