Sunday, January 30, 2011

Tatting It! And Seeing! (TIAS)

Something I look forward to in January - a new Tat It And See game!  The brainstorm of Jane Eborall, she works out a whole new tatting design, tests it, then releases it to the public -- s-l-o-w-l-y.  In my folder for last year's TIAS, I show that the first part of the design was released on 1/6/2010 and the last on 1/27/2010.  Last year's was a rooster - Norman, by name - and it was such fun to see all the wild colors different people chose!  (Norman and his family are now available on her pattern website - along with a host of other imaginative patterns.)

You see, that's the "gotcha" - Jane doesn't tell us what exactly we're tatting, bit by bit!  She just gives us a general suggestion as to color.  This year, she told us we would need two shuttles, fully loaded, in size 20
 thread; she suggested that Shuttle 2 should have a plain, dark thread.  I chose two colors in Lizbeth thread - a nice, leafy green for Shuttle 2 and "Wildflower Garden" for Shuttle 1.  Here is the work in progress, through today (Day 7):
Guessing what it's going to turn out to be is part of the fun.  I try to make a guess every time I send in the progress I've made -- some of them are pretty wild!  It's all in fun, though, and Jane posts the work in progress (along with the guesses) as she receives them.   If you haven't started yet, give it a try - the link is above - and it won't take you very long to catch up.  It's loads of fun!  Here is my tatting and computer assistant - ready and eager for Day 8!

No comments:

Post a Comment