Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Nuts About Tatting!

Yes, I am, and I have the nut to prove it!

This is my "official" NATA (Nuts About Tatting Association) nut, purchased from Gale Marshall way back when - possibly even the previous century, since I don't remember the exact date I got it (you'd think I'd remember something like this, wouldn't you?!)

It lives on a shelf of my bookcase, where I keep much of my tatting stash: books, threads, baskets with more threads and odds 'n ends (heavy on the odds), and a couple of tackle boxes.  Notice the hinge on the back? 



There's a tiny shuttle inside, made of rosewood - and I have tatted with it, tiny though it is.  Here is a side view:
I am amazed that it's already Wednesday - this week has been a very busy one, but I'm hoping it will slow down a bit - I have a day off Friday and want to enjoy it a bit!

2 comments:

  1. Lucky you! I also have a NATA number, but I found out about it too late to get a nut and shuttle. Every once in a while I go back and read some of the stories. I love learning how others became interested in tatting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the reminder about Gale - wonder how she's doing? Must drop her a line. I'm number 40 something from what I can remember!!!!

    ReplyDelete