Friday, September 3, 2010

More Tat Days Fun!

The very talented Karey Solomon presided over the Early Birds session, which began at ... well, dark o'clock!  I stumbled in around 6:30 and there were already quite a few tatters there.  This year, Karey had us all tatting the Mary Fitch Poplar Leaf.  It's a neat little pattern, one shuttle, and works up quickly.  If I can find mine, I'll post a picture of it.

Speaking of pictures...here are some of the Early Bird crew:  Theresa (sitting, left), Karey, Jean (sitting, right). 

Mine was not the prettiest leaf off the tree...my first try, in autumn colors, definitely looked like a dead leaf.  My second (and final, since I haven't made any more yet) leaf looked more like the picture on the pattern I was given. 

This was just at our end of the table...I don't think I got a picture of everyone there, but I did snap a quick one looking down the table. 

Everyone looks so busy, but I promise you that we were laughing and talking the whole time.  That one sentence pretty much sums up Tat Days - or any given Guild meeting - we were busy, but laughed and talked the whole time. 

The goodie bags we each received had tons of neat stuff in them, and the teachers each received a special teacher gift bag.  We each got a small bag stuffed full of fun stuff at the "Left and Right" game, and there was also the Silent Auction which had some really beautiful items this year!  I won three of the auctions - I won a large, blue box that folds almost flat; a round, drawstring tatting bag; and the latest issue of Piecework magazine.  I'll try to get some pictures this weekend to share.


2 comments:

  1. How wonderful it is that you are starting your blogging adventure with posts about Tat Days! I wish I could have been there with all of you. Some day...

    ReplyDelete