Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The Monday Holiday Rides Again!

Yesterday being a holiday, and holidays going by pretty fast these days, I started this post and never got to the publishing point!  Today started pretty early so I'm not going to stay up very late tonight.

I have a few more pictures from Tat Days I thought you might enjoy seeing, so in no particular order, here they are:
This was the Flag-Tailed Dragonfly class which met Saturday afternoon.  Not everyone finished, but they learned a new technique; I confessed that I never managed to finish a class project in class.

This will give you an idea of just how big the largest quilt is!  There are a couple of folks behind the quilt, holding it up.  What a beauty this quilt is - none of the pictures truly give it justice, because so many of the blocks are embellished with 3D elements! 

Most of us on staff for Tat Days met for lunch at The Cornerstone Restaurant, in beautiful downtown Toccoa.  The food is outstanding - everyone had nothing but praise for the cooking and the waitstaff as well; they enjoy meeting the public and serving them, and it shows!  At the end of the table is Nina Libin, and you can see an open doorway behind her to her right - it takes you into a three-level antique mall which we've only partially explored.  They had some lovely things - I want to go back!

I did have a question or two about the hand-decorated shuttles in Sunday's post, so if I get some time in the next day or so I'll get a picture of what I've collected so far. 

1 comment:

  1. Hee. No pictures of me! Hurrah!

    The quilts were really gorgeous

    ReplyDelete